04 September 2014

Fill me with gladness

Psalms 4:7-8
Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.

There was a time in the past weeks that I was lamenting and whining about work in the new place. Any question  about how was work resulted in negative comments.

As I walked home, it dawned upon me that I was given 2 roles to choose from and I made a conscious decision to select this role and therefore, I should not lament because it would make me ungrateful and be in a bitter spirit against God.

It dawned upon me that day that the heart is truly fickle and when emotions sway, it is so easy to be discontented. How important is it to be filled with gladness from God because we need to always remember that the author and creator is good, and always good.

M.