30 June 2014

The end of a phase

Psalms 138:8
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.

Tomorrow, I end my long 6 months phase of unemployment and go back to work with a new job. As I close this chapter of my life, it ended on such a momentus high because I was able to witness the hand of God as He instrumented all the key pieces of the puzzle that means the world to me.

As I look back at the last 3 weeks, I'm wowed by the fact that I ended this phase with such pleasant memories.

I had the sister's car and spent 1 week driving my godson home. During this time, I also spent 2 saturday dinners with KaiFeng and JingWen after my saturday ministry - time well spent because I was able to hear from them on their mission trip experiences and their positive encounters.

Then, I was able to commit full amounts of time to working with Kaifeng to plan the camp and settle the nitty gritty aspects of the admin and logistics. To have time to be in the PowWow camp was momentus because everything went incredible well and God was marvellous as He ministered to all and also opened the lives of 3 new kids who found salvation.

Straight after this, I went with my RKs for a sunday waterplay outing. Then, it was back home to pack and I left for a wonderful holiday in Hanoi, crossing off one of the bucket list places that I wanted to visit.

Today, my last non working day, I'm off to have lunch with an ex-colleague who has been instrumental in my last 5 years of career and I'll end it off a birthday dinner with the oldest of my RA. Life is awesome as I reflect of how the last few moments of this phase comes to an end.

Yet, it hasn't always been so smooth or wonderful.  In the worst days of the uncertain days where I applied for tons of jobs and got no replies, I could not but feel bitter and upset with what had happened to me. However, what was certain was the important things and people of my life were not taken away and how God continually was there for me, even when I felt so emotionally despondant.

God never lets go of our hands, nor does He abandon the work of His hand. If there's anything I have gathered from this phase, I've learned to understand that because He endures forever and chronos time is immaterial to a God of eternity, His ways will be accomplished in His kairos time and that will always be perfect as we see His vindication.

M.